Q: I want to set up a booth, what do I need to do?
A: Individuals interested in becoming a vendor at the Saturday Morning Market must complete the application process. A digital application must be completed in full, and the non-refundable application fee paid.
Q: I want to attend 1 or 2 Markets, does the Market allow for pop-in vendors?
A: Any business wanting to vend with the Market must navigate the application process. Due to the nature of the application process, the Market does not allow for single day vendors or any type of pop-in vending, including busking.
Q: What types of businesses are accepted?
A: An independent selection committee reviews all applications and all new products a current vendor wishes to sell. Vendors who provide services must be able to perform services on site (massage, knife sharpening etc.) Promotion of services is not allowed at the Market except for 501c3 non profits. All applications are reviewed in consideration but not limited to the following criteria:
• Locality- Is the product or service made, baked, grown, etc. by the applicant or created using items sourced locally whenever possible?
• Value/uniqueness- does the product promote healthfulness, unique flavors, and/or a new product that is not currently represented in the Market? Is a product or service representative of high integrity or quality standards and supports the mission of the Market (whole foods/local handmade)?
• Experience- Does the applicant have previous vending or comparable experience at other markets/outlets?
• We DO NOT accept applications from supplement or vitamin sellers; CBD, Kava or Kratom sellers; or sellers of mass-produced products, multi level marketers, or direct sales products; or products outside our mission of whole foods and handmade.
• We DO NOT accept vendors who want to vend multiple categories of products from the same booth, for example, pottery and fermented products together. The Market does not allow multiple businesses to vend from the same booth. Each application must contain only 1 independent business.
Q: I’ve applied, now what?
A: Applications are reviewed monthly by our Vendor Selection Committee. Please be patient as we receive a high volume of applications. You will receive an email after your application has been reviewed letting you know the status of your application (declined/screening opportunity awarded).If you are selected to move forward in the process, you will receive an email to set up your one-time screening visit.
Q: Why wasn’t my application accepted, I have a great product!
A: Applications are reviewed by a Vendor Selection Committee in order to represent numerous tastes and alleviate the potential for bias. While you won’t be provided with the specific reason why you weren’t approved generally applications are denied for not providing the full information asked, the category is already represented, product uniqueness or quality isn’t in line with the Markets standards or an applicant does not fit into an acceptable category (whole sellers, CBD, etc.)
Q: If I am approved how many markets can my business attend?
A: All vendors start as "Occasional" vendors. Occasional vendors are invited to attend 4-5 dates per Market quarter (approx. 30% of the Market season).
Q: What does it cost?
A: A non-refundable $15 application fee must be paid for an application to be reviewed. Booth Space fees are $50 (10x10) per day for farmers all other categories (not including non-profits) are $60 (10x10) per day.
Q: What permits do I have to have?
A: Individual businesses vary greatly. The onus of having proper permits, licensure, and registration falls solely to the business and is not the responsibility of the Market. We do require that you carry liability insurance.