Q: I want to set up a booth, what do I need to do?
A: Individuals interested in becoming a vendor at the Saturday Morning Market must complete the application process. A digital application must be completed in full, and the non-refundable application fee paid.
Q: What types of businesses are accepted?
A: An independent selection committee reviews all applications and all new products a current vendor wishes to sell. All applications are reviewed in consideration but not limited to the following criteria:
• Locality- Is the product or service made, baked, grown, etc. by the applicant or created using items sourced locally whenever possible?
• Value/uniqueness- does the product promote healthfulness, unique flavors, and/or a new product that is not currently represented in the Market? Is a product or service representative of high integrity or quality standards and supports the mission of the Market (whole foods/local handmade)?
• Experience- Does the applicant have previous vending or comparable experience at other markets/outlets?
• We DO NOT accept applications from supplement or vitamin sellers; CBD sellers; or sellers of mass-produced products or direct sales products; or products outside our mission of whole foods and handmade.
• We DO NOT accept vendors who want to vend multiple categories of products from the same booth, for example, pottery and fermented products together.
Q: I’ve applied, now what?
A: Applications are reviewed once a month by our Vendor Selection Committee. Please be patient as we receive a high volume of applications. You will receive an email after your application has been reviewed letting you know the status of your application (declined/screening opportunity awarded).If you are selected to move forward in the process, you will receive an email to set up your one-time screening visit.
Q: Do I have to attend all the Market days if I am approved?
A: No, vendors will be approved to attend a certain number of days throughout the season and can select up to the approved amount only. Most vendors are approved initially as Occasional Vendors.
Q: What does it cost?
A: A non-refundable $15 application fee must be paid for an application to be reviewed. Booth Space fees are $40 (10x10) per day for farmers all other categories (not including non-profits) are $50 (10x10) per day.
Q: What permits do I have to have?
A: Individual businesses vary greatly. The onus of having proper permits, licensure, and registration falls solely to the business and is not the responsibility of the Market. We do require that you carry liability insurance.
Q: Why wasn’t my application accepted, I have a great product!
A: Applications are reviewed by a Vendor Selection Committee in order to represent numerous tastes and alleviate the potential for bias. While you won’t be provided with the specific reason why you weren’t approved generally applications are denied for not providing the full information asked, the category is already represented, product uniqueness or quality isn’t in line with the Markets standards or an applicant does not fit into an acceptable category (whole sellers, CBD, etc.)